NORTHERN SCRIPT WORKSHOPS – DENMARK
- April 5th- 4-5pm: Open online master class: ‘Writing the short film’ with Christian Gamst Miller-Harris
- April 20th- 4-8pm: Live workshop at Odense Film Workshop for selected participants with Christian Gamst Miller-Harris
- The workshop will be two-fold: One open 1-hour online master class about scriptwriting for short films, and one live workshop for selected participants.
- The aim of the workshop is to nurture young scriptwriters to write short film scripts of a max. 10 pages for the Northern Script-cooperation.
- The workshop leader is screenwriter Christian Gamst Miller-Harris who has many years of experience with both short films, feature films, and tv-series: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5900577/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
- His most notable work in the short format is co-writing the 2014 Oscar-winner Helium: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3346410/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_17
BIOGRAPHY – CHRISTIAN GAMST MILLER-HARRIS
Christian was born in Ashington in the Northeast of England to an English mother and a Danish father. He grew up in New Zealand and came to Copenhagen as a 5-year old. He holds a Bachelor degree in Film & Drama from The University of Reading, England and a Masters degree in Film Science from the University of Copenhagen.
He graduated from the prestigious Screenwriting programme at The National Danish Film School in 2011.
He has written extensively for film and television throughout the past 10 years. Amongst the films he has written, are the Oscar winning short “Helium” (directed by Anders Walter) and Odense international short film festival winner “MINI” (directed by Milad Alami). His first original feature “Sticks And Stones” premiered at The Nouveau Cinema festival in Montreal, At CPH Pix and at the BFI London Film Festival. It was nominated for a Danish academy award in 2019. He has also written the Estonian children’s movie The Secret Society of Souptown in 2015.
Christian has predominantly written for television in his years as a screenwriter. He co-wrote the 1st season of the children’s sitcom ”Backstage” for DR Ultra. He wrote several episodes of the Danish crime series “Dicte” in 2015 for the national broadcaster TV2. As well as spending a year writing episodes and storylining the second season of the Drama series ”Bedrag / Follow The Money” by Jeppe Gjervig Gram for the national broadcaster DR. Has also written episodes for the Christmas Advent series’ for 2017 on TV2 Denmark – Tinka’s Christmas Adventure and “Pros and Cons” for Viaplay. He wrote 5 episodes for the 24-part Children’s Christmas Advent Series for Danmarks Radio: Thannanaya – which aired in 2018.
In 2020, three series’ aired which he was involved in. The first to be released was The Netflix series “Ragnarok” – which he wrote two episodes of and storylined four (out of 6). The second was the series “Stikker” for the national broadcaster DR. The youth series in 12 episodes was aired over the summer, and Christian served as a head writer for this show. The series “Pulse” aired in late summer of 2020 on Denmark’s TV2 network and Christian shared head writing duties on all episodes of season 1, and also season 2 which aired in 2021. “Pulse” was selected to compete at the 2020 edition of Series Mania in Lille, in the short format competition. Since then he has been developing feature films and writing his own TV series.