NORTHERN SCRIPT WORKSHOPS – SÁPMI/SAMILAND
- May 15th: The basics of a Short Film, Storyline and a Script
- May 21th: The development of the Storyline, Characters and the Format
- The Workshop leader: Sakari Maliniemi
- Both workshops are held in May in Sajos, Inari. The workshops are held hybrid so you can participate the workshops also remotely
- In the workshops you will learn how to make your story into a Short Movie Script. No previous experience is needed!
- What is scriptwriting?
- Script format
- Basic practical exercises
- Scriptwriters’ view on acting
Photo by Kajastus Creative
BIOGRAPHY – SAKARI MALINIEMI
Finnish Sakari Maliniemi has a small production company and he has been operating in Finland, Inari in recent years. His passion lies in working with actors and he believes that great performance starts with a great script.
Film is a great tool for identification and empathy but it needs the viewer’s trust to work. It builds on the belief of the imaginary a bit like a magic show. Sakari has always been interested in building this trust, which can break at any moment.
From scriptwriting he would like to teach to believe in oneself and own observation of the world. There are many interesting things to discover from that!